How in the world have you all been?!?! I haven't updated this blog in over a year you guys!
Mainly because I have been really, really busy with work and moving...
...that, and I am a terrible writer, ha.
I figured, since I've been so cruel and neglectful, I would treat you all by putting up a lil tutorial for any of you Friendship Bracelet makers out there. So feel free to check it out, and let me know if there is anything that you do not understand. CLICK HERE
Also, I have a newish Etsy store! I am no longer updating mimi.etsy.com I am now at www.knottybracelets.etsy.com There is a link in the side bar to the right if you'd like to check it out. I will show you a couple items I have in there right now:
Yes, I am making cellphone cases now too! Any custom design you want on any silicone skin or hard plastic faceplate. I've seen people selling these for over $200 on etsy JUST for a case! They look gorgeous but is it really worth it? Especially for people who tend to have "phone accidents" here and there? My cases are a fraction of the cost! starting as low as $30 and never going over $100 I will update you with more designs as I go along.
Thanks for stopping by!
You’ll need 2 different colors of thread 40″ each. For the purpose of this pattern, we’ll say four 40″ blue thread and six 40″ yellow threads.
Arrange threads in this manner: (The threads are parted in such a way to illustrate the 5 threads that will make the left and right zig-zags)
Legend: Y=Yellow B=Blue
- First, you’ll be working on the right zig-zag of the double zig-zag. Starting with the 5th string from right (Y), make four forward double knots.
- Do the same with the next four strings until you create a diagonal stripe with Y, B, Y, B, Y pattern.
- To create the zig-zag, create four backward knots using the rightmost string (Y).
- Do step 3 four more times with the succeeding strings to create the same Y, B, Y, B, Y pattern.
- Now, work on the left zig-zag. Take the 5th string from left and create four backward knots.
- Do step 5 four more times using the succeeding strings to create Y, B, Y, B, Y pattern.
- Create four forward knots with the leftmost string (Y).
- Repeat step 7 four more times.
- To join the left and right zig-zags, make a double knot using the two strings in the middle (5th and 6th strings).
- Repeat steps 1 through 9 until the desired length.
- Tie your bracelet and cut the remaining strings.